The Future Perfect and The Future perfect Continuous





*The Future Perfect Tense:
-It is formed with (will have+p.p)
EX:They will have finished

*The future perfect expresses an action that will be finished at a specific time or before that time in the future.

EX:I will have finished the exam before twelve o'clock.
EX:By the end of the week, I will have finished building the house.
EX:My father will have bought a car in a week.
EX:Before July,I will have travelled to England.  

*The Future Perfect Continuous: 




-It is formed with will+have been+v+ing.
EX:I will have been studying

*The future perfect continuous is used to emphasize the continuous nature of an action.It is used in the same way and with the same expressions as the future perfect.

EX:By tonight, I will have been working for eleven hours without a break.(Future Perfect continuous)
EX:By tonight,I will have worked for eleven hours without a break. (Future Perfect)

Note:Not all verbs can be used in a continuous tense because of the meaning of the verb.Only verbs that show continuous action can be used :      study,work,travel,write,listen,watch,and so on.

EX:I will have been watching the match.(Correct)
EX:I will have been arriving at the airport.(Incorrect)









Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »