Verbs Followed by Gerunds

                   Verbs Followed by Gerunds
*These verbs are followed by a gerund or gerund phrase:

1-admit.
EX:The thief admitted stealing the money.
2-appreciate.
EX:I appreciated telling the truth.
3-avoid.
EX:I avoid talking to nervous people. 
4-consider.
EX:He is considering moving to America.
5-defer.
EX:We have deffered making a final decision until next week.
6-delay.
EX:The manager delayed the meeting.
7-deny.
EX:Why did you deny going to the club?
8-detest.
EX:I detest waiting for a long time.
9-discuss.
EX:We discussed going to the mountains for the weekend.
10-enjoy.
EX:She enjoys getting up early.
11-escape.
EX:He escaped taking the money.
12-finish.
EX:I finished writing the lesson.
13-forgive.
EX:She forgave my shouting at her last night.
14-imagine.
EX:I can't imagine earning 1000 dollars this year.
15-keep.
EX:Keep working until you finish.
16-mention:
EX:I didn't mention seeing you yesterday.
17-mind.
EX:Do you mind smoking here?
18-miss.
EX:I miss talking to you.
19-postpone.
EX:I postponed traveling.
20-recommend.
EX:I recommend visiting the pyramids in Egypt.
21-suggest.
EX:I suggest playing chess.
22-resist.
EX:I can't resist staying in that hotel.



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »